Monday, August 31, 2009

A Sad Obituary

Did I just use a double negative in the title of my blog? I guess I did. And really, has anyone evern written a happy obituary?

Anyways, I know it has been a long time since I have written, but c'est la vie. And let that French phrase be my segway to this obituary for Rue de Jean in Charleston, SC - one of my long-time favorite restaurants.

The mussels used to be devine, the sauces scrumptious, the bread to die for and the Rainbow Roll delish. But no longer. I have been twice and the food horrible, the service even worse and believe it or not, the cleanliness left a lot to be desired. It really is troubling to me how one of Charleston's high flyers could nose dive so quickly. But it has happened - and no, I am not the only one it has happened to. I put an update out on my Facebook Status (does Status need a capital when used in a Facebook context now-a-days?) and heard about similar experiences from several others.

So, this pains me to say it, but avoid Rue de Jean for the forseeable future. And if anyone from Rue is reading, please get your act back together! Just thinking about dipping that bread in that vegetable cream sauce is making my mouth water.

No comments: